In Brazil, where 56% of the population declares themselves black, it is essential that black women and men occupy their spaces in society and, once and for all, stop being minored. Therefore, it is necessary to act to end the discrimination that still exists in our country.
We are taking the first steps in this transformation process and we want to invite society to participate in this change, and, therefore, we decided to launch this notice to offer personalized training in a hybrid model (in-person and online) for 200 young black and low-income black people in the cities of Porto Alegre/RS, Salvador/BA, São Paulo/SP, Recife/PE and Manaus/AM.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Enrollment is open to people who declare themselves black and brown, of low income and are interested in developing in the technology area. In addition, you will need to:
• Be between 18 and 30 years old.
• Demonstrate a per capita income equal to or less than 1.5 minimum wages.
• Have completed at least Elementary School II (equivalent to the 9th grade).
• Live in the cities of Porto Alegre / RS, Salvador / BA, São Paulo / SP, Recife / PE and Manaus / AM or in nearby cities.
• Have availability to travel to the partner institution, in case there is a need to use the laboratory structure for their learning process.
Applications run until January 30, 2022.
On the night of November 19, 2020, João Alberto Silveira Freitas was killed on the premises of our store in Passo D'Areia, in Porto Alegre/RS, in an act that does not represent and is not consistent with Carrefour's values.
On this website, we reinforce the actions we are taking in view of this fact and the commitments made to society and to our body of more than 100,000 employees throughout Brazil. With the objective of continuing to evolve as a company and contributing to the fight against structural racism in Brazil.